Welcome to the Life’s Library Book Club! Every six weeks, we’ll read and discuss a new book chosen by John Green and Rosianna Halse Rojas. All of the profits from Life’s Library are donated in support of efforts to reduce child and maternal mortality in Sierra Leone. Book club discussion for anyone interested (regardless of paid subscription) will be on our Discord server!
For 2020, we will host 2-3 guest curators who will choose the book for us to read, participate in discussions, and join the Q&A and podcast with Rosianna and John. Our first guest curator in Hank Green in February.
Scholarships are now available for those interested in receiving Life’s Library books and perks, but are unable to afford it. You can help by purchasing a scholarship we can gift to someone else!
What We’re Reading
Howl’s Moving Castle
Discussion period: November 27-January 28
View the entire calendar
- If You Come Softly by Jacqueline Woodson (December 24-February 4)
- A Field Guide to Getting Lost by Rebecca Solnit (February 5-March 18)
- We Crossed a Bridge and It Trembled by Wendy Pearlman (March 19-April 29)
- The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende (April 30-June 10)
- The Yiddish Policemen’s Union by Michael Chabon (June 11-July 22)
- Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang (July 23-September 2)
- Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder (September 3-October 15)
- The Summer Book by Tove Jansson (Discussion period: October 16-November 26)